Buy 1, Gift 1 WeatherHYDE
Buy 1, Gift 1 WeatherHYDE
A tent that protects a family of five from extreme weather, provides privacy, and enables a single person, tool-less installation within 15 minutes without any need for anchoring. Extremely suitable for camping and recreational activities.
How buying one for yourself will help the homeless
As a non-profit design studio, we provide weatherHYDE at cost (with no profit margins) for the homeless, and offer weatherHYDE at a higher price for private use. 100% of the collected profits from those sold for recreation and private use will go back to the project, and will be utilized to produce more weatherHYDE tents for the homeless.
- Ship one to yourself, gift the other through billionBricks. Give a homeless family protection and a home. Beneficiary families are carefully selected by billionBricks' community partners working on the ground with the homeless in India. You will receive direct updates on the impact your gift will make!
- Ship both weatherHYDE tents to anywhere in the world. Treat yourself to one, and gift the other to someone whom who know in your immediate community that is homeless and in need. (Only one shipping address requested).
Inclusions for each WeatherHYDE:
- Base mat, thermal barrier, insulated covers, joints and pouch, bag for the tent, bag for the frame
We use PVC pipes for its frame, which could be found at any local hardware store and will reduce your costs if purchased locally. We will provide specifications for you to find the most suitable frame for your WeatherHYDE.
- Shipping will start in July 2017. A shipping fee will be added upon checkout.
- Each order/ quantity includes 2 WeatherHYDE tents.
The world's only reversible all season family tent designed to save the lives of the homeless and vulnerable living in extreme weather.
THE CHEAPEST HEAT SOURCE
The innovative use of a triple layered flysheet makes the winterHYDE extremely suitable for cold climates. The reflective layer inside traps a family's body heat to keep them warm.
PROVIDES PRIVACY FOR WOMEN
Our triple layer skin blocks light and doen't cast embarassing shadows. The fully enclosed winterHYDE provides a safe haven for women.
ADAPTS TO URBAN USE
The sturdy design allows winterHYDE to be deployed in tough conditions. We added weight to the frame to eliminate need for anchoring. Reflective details and bright colors increase visibility and night safety.
- All-season, triple-wall construction
Outer dark skin for heat absorption
Inner mylar skin to reflect heat
Removable doors on 2 ends
Symmetrical free-standing design
Durable UV-coated nylon
Waterproof (No rain fly needed)
Bathtub style, thermally reflective base mat
Soft insulated thermal barrier
Velcro locks (zipper-free)
Dual safety ventilators
Multiple hook-and-loop guy-out point attachments for ground anchoring
Reflective strips for night visibility and safety
- Tough and lightweight hollow pipe frame (purchased separately)
- Pipe frame can be filled for extra stability
Designed in Singapore
Sleeping capacity for the homeless: 5 persons (2 adults, 3 children)
Sleeping capacity for recreation: 3 persons
Packed weight: 9 kgs (19.8 lbs) without the frame
Packed size: 70 X 42 X 42 cm (27.5 X 16.5 X 16.5 in) without the frame
Shipping size: 70 X 42 X 30 cm (27.5 X 16.5 X 11.8 in) without the frame
Floor dimensions: 180 X 150 cm (70.86 X 59 in)
Floor area: 2.7 sq m (29 sq ft)
Peak height: 150 cm (4.9 ft)
Side wall height: 75 cm (2.46 ft)
Number of 2-piece door: 1
Number of single piece door: 1
Number of frame poles: 15 (purchased separately)
Pole outer diameter: 2.6 cm (1 in)
Skin material 1: 190T (Aurora Green) / 210T (Limitless Blue) Nylon
Insulation material: Polyester wool
Skin material 2: Fiber-reinforced mylar
Floor material: Water-resistant fiber -reinforced mylar
Thermal barrier material: 190T (Aurora Green) / 210T (Limitless Blue) Nylon, polyester wool