WeatherHYDE for the homeless
WeatherHYDE for the homeless
A life saving shelter that protects a family of five from extreme weather. It is woman friendly and enables a single person, tool-less installation within 15 minutes and does not need any anchoring.
- Gift through billionBricks: Give a homeless family protection and a home. Beneficiary families are carefully selected by billionBricks' community partners working on the ground with the homeless in India. You will receive direct updates on the impact your gift will make!
- Gift weatherHYDE to someone whom you know is homeless and in need: Receive weatherHYDE to gift to a friend in need, or ship it directly to them. (Shipping address required; shipping starts in July 2017).
- Purchase for your own protection: If you are homeless, gift yourself a roof over your head that will protect you from harsh weather. (Shipping address required; shipping starts in July 2017)
Trust note: This page is for gifts and purchases for the homeless. We trust that if you wish to get one for camping, personal or recreational use, you would shop here.
- Shipping fees
- Base mat
- Thermal barrier
- Insulated covers
- Joints and pouch
- Bag for the tent
- Bag for the frame
The world's only reversible all season family tent designed to save the lives of the homeless and vulnerable living in extreme weather.
THE CHEAPEST HEAT SOURCE
The innovative use of a triple layered flysheet makes the weatherHYDE extremely suitable for cold climates. The reflective layer inside traps a family's body heat to keep them warm.
PROVIDES PRIVACY FOR WOMEN
Our triple layer skin blocks light and doen't cast embarassing shadows. The fully enclosed weatherHYDE provides a safe haven for women.
ADAPTS TO URBAN USE
The sturdy design allows weatherHYDE to be deployed in tough conditions. We added weight to the frame to eliminate need for anchoring. Reflective details and bright colors increase visibility and night safety.
- All-season, triple-wall construction
Outer dark skin for heat absorption
Inner mylar skin to reflect heat
Removable doors on 2 ends
Symmetrical free-standing design
Durable UV-coated nylon
Waterproof (No rain fly needed)
Bathtub style, thermally reflective base mat
Soft insulated thermal barrier
Velcro locks (zipper-free)
Dual safety ventilators
Multiple hook-and-loop guy-out point attachments for ground anchoring
Reflective strips for night visibility and safety
- Tough and lightweight hollow pipe frame (purchased separately)
- Pipe frame can be filled for extra stability
Designed in Singapore
- Sleeping capacity: 5 persons (2 adults, 3 children)
- Packed weight: 9 kgs (19.8 lbs) without the frame
- Packed size: 70 X 42 X 42 cm (27.5 X 16.5 X 16.5 in) without the frame
- Shipping size: 70 X 42 X 30 cm (27.5 X 16.5 X 11.8 in) without the frame
- Floor dimensions: 180 X 150 cm (70.86 X 59 in)
- Floor area: 2.7 sq m (29 sq ft)
- Peak height: 150 cm (4.9 ft)
- Side wall height: 75 cm (2.46 ft)
- Number of 2-piece door: 1
- Number of single piece door: 1
- Number of frame poles: 15 (purchased separately)
- Pole outer diameter: 2.6 cm (1 in)
- Skin material 1: 190T (Aurora Green) / 210T (Limitless Blue) Nylon
- Insulation material: Polyester wool
- Skin material 2: Fiber-reinforced mylar
- Floor material: Water-resistant fiber -reinforced mylar
- Thermal barrier material: 190T (Aurora Green) / 210T (Limitless Blue) Nylon, polyester wool
Want to use weatherHYDE for camping or recreation?
Want one of your own and get the best deal?
Actual product may vary from the images and videos
Thanks to our sponsors, we are able to keep costs at the lowest possible, and ensure that weatherHYDE tents are kept affordable for the homeless and those wanting to gift it to them.