weatherHYDE for a homeless family
weatherHYDE for a homeless family
weatherHYDE is a life-saving homeless shelter for families. It provides an insulated tent for homeless families that protects from the most extreme weather.
It is female-friendly and enables a single person, toolless installation within 15 minutes and does not need any anchoring.
**Chinese New Year special edition**
Every tent gifted in the month of February will be a special edition weatherHYDE to celebrate Chinese New Year and the Year of the Dog.
Gift through billionBricks: Give a homeless family protection and a home. Beneficiary families are carefully selected by billionBricks' community partners working on the ground with the homeless in India. You will receive direct updates on the impact your gift will make!
Gift weatherHYDE to someone whom you know is homeless and in need: Receive weatherHYDE to gift to a friend in need, or ship it directly to them. (Shipping address required).
Purchase for your own protection: If you are homeless, gift yourself a roof over your head that will protect you from harsh weather. (Shipping address required)
Trust note: This page is for gifts and purchases for the homeless. We trust that if you wish to get one for camping, personal or recreational use, you would shop here.
Shipping fees included when gifted through billionBricks
Joints and pouch
Bag for the tent
Bag for the frame
The top three reasons why a weatherHYDE is the best tent for homeless families:
1. IT'S THE CHEAPEST HEAT SOURCE
The innovative use of a triple layered flysheet makes the weatherHYDE extremely suitable for cold climates. The reflective layer inside traps a family's body heat to keep them warm.
2. IT'S THE IDEAL HOMELESS SHELTER FOR WOMEN
Our triple layer skin blocks light and doen't cast embarassing shadows. The fully enclosed weatherHYDE provides a safe haven for women.
3. IT ADAPTS TO URBAN USE
The sturdy design allows weatherHYDE to be deployed in tough conditions. We added weight to the frame to eliminate need for anchoring. Reflective details and bright colors increase visibility and night safety.
Join us in our mission to give tents to the homeless today.
- All-season, triple-wall construction
Outer dark skin for heat absorption
Inner mylar skin to reflect heat
Removable doors on 2 ends
Symmetrical free-standing design
Durable UV-coated nylon
Waterproof (No rain fly needed)
Bathtub style, thermally reflective base mat
Soft insulated thermal barrier
Velcro locks (zipper-free)
Dual safety ventilators
Multiple hook-and-loop guy-out point attachments for ground anchoring
Reflective strips for night visibility and safety
- Tough and lightweight hollow pipe frame (purchased separately)
- Pipe frame can be filled for extra stability
Designed in Singapore
- Sleeping capacity: 5 persons (2 adults, 3 children)
- Packed weight: 9 kgs (19.8 lbs) without the frame
- Packed size: 70 X 42 X 42 cm (27.5 X 16.5 X 16.5 in) without the frame
- Shipping size: 70 X 42 X 30 cm (27.5 X 16.5 X 11.8 in) without the frame
- Floor dimensions: 180 X 150 cm (70.86 X 59 in)
- Floor area: 2.7 sq m (29 sq ft)
- Peak height: 150 cm (4.9 ft)
- Side wall height: 75 cm (2.46 ft)
- Number of 2-piece door: 1
- Number of single piece door: 1
- Number of frame poles: 15 (purchased separately)
- Pole outer diameter: 2.6 cm (1 in)
- Skin material 1: 190T (Aurora Green) / 210T (Limitless Blue) Nylon
- Insulation material: Polyester wool
- Skin material 2: Fiber-reinforced mylar
- Floor material: Water-resistant fiber -reinforced mylar
- Thermal barrier material: 190T (Aurora Green) / 210T (Limitless Blue) Nylon, polyester wool