WeatherHYDE for recreation
WeatherHYDE for recreation
A revolutionary tent, built for all seasons. With its innovative reversible skin and waterproof triple-wall construction, weatherHYDE is designed to provide all-round protection from extreme weather - keeping you warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and dry in the rainy season. It can be assembled by a single person in less than 15 minutes without any tools. It's your rugged home away from home, perfect for outdoor camping trips and recreational use by the entire family.
Created by the non-profit design studio billionBricks, this tough tent was invented to solve a tough problem – global homelessness. So when you buy a weatherHYDE, 100% of the profits will help homeless families around the world find a home through the gift of these all-weather tents.
- Base mat
- Thermal barrier
- Insulated covers
- Joints and pouch
- Bag for the tent
- Bag for the frame
We use PVC pipes for its frame, which could be found at any local hardware store and will reduce your costs if purchased locally. We will provide specifications for you to find the most suitable frame for your WeatherHYDE.
Out of Stock
The world's only reversible all season family tent designed to save the lives of the homeless and vulnerable living in extreme weather.
THE CHEAPEST HEAT SOURCE
The innovative use of a triple layered flysheet makes the weatherHYDE extremely suitable for cold climates. The reflective layer inside traps a family's body heat to keep them warm.
PROVIDES PRIVACY FOR WOMEN
Our triple layer skin blocks light and doen't cast embarassing shadows. The fully enclosed weatherHYDE provides a safe haven for women.
ADAPTS TO URBAN USE
The sturdy design allows weatherHYDE to be deployed in tough conditions. We added weight to the frame to eliminate need for anchoring. Reflective details and bright colors increase visibility and night safety.
- All-season, triple-wall construction
Outer dark skin for heat absorption
Inner mylar skin to reflect heat
Removable doors on 2 ends
Symmetrical free-standing design
Durable UV-coated nylon
Waterproof (No rain fly needed)
Bathtub style, thermally reflective base mat
Soft insulated thermal barrier
Velcro locks (zipper-free)
Dual safety ventilators
Multiple hook-and-loop guy-out point attachments for ground anchoring
Reflective strips for night visibility and safety
- Tough and lightweight hollow pipe frame (purchased separately)
- Pipe frame can be filled for extra stability
Designed in Singapore
- Sleeping capacity: 3 persons
- Packed weight: 9 kgs (19.8 lbs) without the frame
- Packed size: 70 X 42 X 42 cm (27.5 X 16.5 X 16.5 in) without the frame
- Shipping size: 70 X 42 X 30 cm (27.5 X 16.5 X 11.8 in) without the frame
- Floor dimensions: 180 X 150 cm (70.86 X 59 in)
- Floor area: 2.7 sq m (29 sq ft)
- Peak height: 150 cm (4.9 ft)
- Side wall height: 75 cm (2.46 ft)
- Number of 2-piece door: 1
- Number of single piece door: 1
- Number of frame poles: 15 (purchased separately)
- Pole outer diameter: 2.6 cm (1 in)
- Skin material 1: 190T (Aurora Green) / 210T (Limitless Blue) Nylon
- Insulation material: Polyester wool
- Skin material 2: Fiber-reinforced mylar
- Floor material: Water-resistant fiber -reinforced mylar
- Thermal barrier material: 190T (Aurora Green) / 210T (Limitless Blue) Nylon, polyester wool
- Options of UPVC, bamboo or aluminum pipes with a 26 mm (1.04i n) outer diameter
- 4 pieces: 0.75 m (29.5 in)
- 4 pieces: 1.05 m (41.34 in)
- 2 pieces: 1.45 m (57.1 in)
- 5 pieces: 1.75 m (69 in)